- Data controller and representative
- Data processing implemented by TopQuotes
2.1 Processing of personal data related to your visit to our website, our office and the purchase and use of our Insurance products
When a user visits our Website, or purchases an insurance product through the office, TopQuotes Insurance implements processing of personal data as follows:
2.1.1 Personal data collected
Regarding this processing, TopQuotes Insurance collects the following personal data through the collection forms in the ordering process or other processes.
– Email address;
– Postal code;
– Phone number;
– Company name and industry you work for;
– Order information, such as the insurance you purchase, date and type of policy;
– Payment information such as Credit card information (type, number, expiration date, CVV security code)/debit card information or other payment/billing information.
– Information we get from your visit to our websites. We collect information about how you visit our websites (including the webpage that led you to aTopQuotes Insurance website, the search terms entered into a search engine which led you to aTopQuotes Insurance website);
– Information we get from your use of our products. We collect information about the products that you use and how you use them and your local device information, including but not limited to your device information, operating system, user name, your TopQuotes Insurance ID, location, IP address, operating log information, crash reports and the information and format of the files you are working with(with your additional consent);
– your product serial number;
– Content of customer support communications.
2.1.2 Purpose and legal basis of the processing
TopQuotes Insurance uses the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
In order for TopQuotes Insurance to provide the User with the ordered product(s);
For the performance of a contract to which the User is party, in accordance with Article 6.1.b of the GDPR and the collected data are necessary in order for TopQuotes Insurance to identify and bill the User and to charge its bank card number;
For Verifying your identity and Providing customer service or support;
Analyze your use of our websites and products to better understand how they are being used so we can improve our services and the user experience and engage and retain users.
2.1.3 Recipients of the personal data
We may also transmit your personal information with companies that help us to run our business by processing personal information on behalf of us for the purposes identified above. Such companies include providers of payment processing services, server services providers, data analysis services providers, fraud monitoring and prevention providers, email delivery service providers, social media, and other marketing platforms and service providers.
In addition, TopQuotes Insurance may disclose the User’s personal data:
– if TopQuotes Insurance is under a duty to disclose or share such personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property or safety of its business, its customers or others; and
– to successors in title or replacement operators of all or part of TopQuotes Insurance’s respective businesses.
2.1.4 Transfer of personal data
The collected personal data may be transferred by TopQuotes Insurance to recipients which are located outside the European Union and such destinations may not have laws which protect the User’s personal data to the same extent as in the European Union.
Please find below the relevant information on transfer:
– TopQuotes Insurance may transfer the collected information to third party payment processors to complete the charge process;
– TopQuotes Insurance may use third party track tools (such as Adwords, Bing, bugsplat, Criteo, disqus, fabric, Facebook, FireBase, Flurry, Google Analytics, Hotjar, LinkedIn, Pardot, Quora, JPUSH) to track the information on how users use the products and websites, such information will be stored in third party servers. Such third party track tools may send the data analysis report to TopQuotes Insurance for TopQuotes Insurance’s above mentioned purpose;
– TopQuotes Insurance may store the collected information on the servers leased from providers of third party server service.
2.1.5 Duration of the storage
TopQuotes Insurance will store the collected personal data for the duration of the contract and 7 years after the termination of the contract. Beyond this duration, in order for TopQuotes Insurance to be able to demonstrate the existence of a right or a contract or a legal obligation, the relevant personal data will be stored through intermediary archives for a duration that will not exceed what is strictly necessary regarding the purpose of the storage and in accordance with the applicable legislation.
Regarding banking information, The number and the expiration date of the credit card number (not the CVV security code) may be stored through intermediary archives for evidence purposes in case of a claim regarding the payment, for the duration provided by Article L. 133-24 of the French Monetary and Financial Code (13 months or 15 months in case of deferred charge card).
2.2 Processing of personal data related to comments areas
When the User decides to comment a TopQuotes Insurance product through the Website or the Application, TopQuotes Insurance implements a processing of personal data as follows:
2.2.1 Personal data collected
Regarding this processing, TopQuotes Insurance collects the following personal data:
– Email address;
– Name or nickname;
– profile photo;
– Other potential personal information provided by the User through its comment (age, location, etc.);
– The content of your comment.
2.2.2 Purpose and legal basis of the processing
This processing is implemented by TopQuotes Insurance in order to improve its products and provide the consumers and potential consumers with a better and transparent information about the TopQuotes Insurance products. TopQuotes Insurance may use the comments (with your relevant information) you post for marketing purpose in order for others to better understand and use our products.
2.2.3 Duration of the storage
TopQuotes Insurance will store the collected personal data for not more than 7 years after the collection.
2.3 Processing of personal data related to newsletters and advertising emails
The User may want to subscribe to TopQuotes Insurance’s newsletter in order to be provided with information and news regarding TopQuotes Insurance products. In this case, TopQuotes Insurance implements a processing of personal data as follows:
2.3.1 Personal data collected
Regarding this processing, TopQuotes Insurance only collects your provided information such as the User’s email address, name or nickname, country, preferred product, and your operation to the promotion emails.
2.3.2 Purpose and legal basis of the processing
TopQuotes Insurance implements the processing of personal data in order to provide consumers and potential consumers with information and news regarding TopQuotes Insurance products.
The subscription to TopQuotes Insurance’s newsletter and the related provision of personal data is made on a voluntary basis so that the processing of the collected personal data relies on the User’s consent.
2.3.3 Recipients of the personal data
TopQuotes Insurance may transmit the collected personal data to providers of email delivery service and other service providers such as data analysis providers and server providers.
2.3.4 Duration of the storage
TopQuotes Insurance will store the collected personal data for 7 years from their collection or from the last contact from the User (whichever is later).
At the end of this 7 years time period, TopQuotes Insurance may contact the User in order to know if the User wishes to keep receiving commercial information from TopQuotes Insurance. In case TopQuotes Insurance would not receive any positive and explicit answer from the User, the personal data would be deleted or archived in accordance with the applicable legislation.
- User’s rights
To the extent required by the law of your jurisdiction, you may have below rights. Before you exercise below rights, you may consult your legal counsel if the laws of your jurisdiction stipulate below rights.
|The right to rectification||The User is entitled to have its personal data corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.|
|The right to erasure||This ‘the right to be forgotten’ enables the User to request the deletion or removal of its personal data where there’s no compelling reason for TopQuotes Insurance to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.|
|The right to restrict processing||Under certain circumstances, the User has the rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of its personal data.|
|The right to data portability||The User has the rights to receive its personal data provided to TopQuotes Insurance in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and has the right to transmit those data to another controller.|
|The right to object to processing||The User has the right to object, on grounds relating to its particular situation, at any time, to the processing of its personal data.|
|The right to lodge a complaint||The User has the right to lodge a complaint about the way TopQuotes Insurance handles or processes its personal data with its national supervisory authority (in France, the CNIL).|
|The right to withdraw consent||If the user has given its consent for a specific processing of its personal data implemented by TopQuotes Insurance, the User has the right to withdraw its consent at any time. In case the User does so, it does not mean that anything TopQuotes Insurance has done with the User’s personal data with its consent up to that point is unlawful).|
|The right to define instructions||The User has the right to define general or specific instructions regarding storage, deletion and use of its personal data after death.|
- Contacting TopQuotes Insurance
If the User needs to contact TopQuotes Insurance for any reason (including to exercise any of its rights in relation to data protection as set out above) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
TopQuotes Insurance will act on the User’s requests and provide information free of charge, except where the requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive (in particular because of their repetitive nature) in which case TopQuotes Insurance may charge a reasonable fee (taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication, or taking the action requested), or refuse to act on the request.